Friday, March 12, 2010

Give Me a Heart To Continually Seek You Exodus 33:11

Exodus 33:11 (New International Version)

11 The LORD would speak to Moses face to face, as a man speaks with his friend. Then Moses would return to the camp, but his young aide Joshua son of Nun did not leave the tent.

 Moses set up a tent outside camp called the Tent of Meeting. He would go there to meet with God. When he went there the Cloud that was the Lord's presence would come and stay at the entrance. God would meet Moses face to face and speak with him. Once Moses was done he would leave, but Joshua would stay in the tent even after Moses left.

Moses had a special relationship with God. He was able to meet with Him and seek His will face to face. Moses had a heart to please God. He looked for God' s direction and followed His orders. Aaron was Moses' right hand man, but when Moses was on the mountain talking to God Aaron was with the people. He followed them and was corrupted; worshiping a golden calf he told the people to make. Joshua stayed near the mountain. When Moses was done in the Tent of Meeting Joshua stayed in there. When others gave up, Joshua was faithful. When everyone else was done, Joshua continued to seek God. Joshua had a thirst for God that could not be quenched. He had a desire for the things of God that did not fade. I want to be like Joshua. I want to be the guy who is still there seeking God and worshiping Him when everyone else is gone. I want that thirst for God that can't be quenched. I want to be wherever He is wholeheartedly focused on His will and ready to do whatever He calls me to do. Joshua couldn't get enough of God and took every opportunity to stay in His presence. I hope that one day people will be able to say that of me.

Dear Lord,
You are ever present. You are available to me anytime. I find excuses to avoid You. I spend my time on things that draw me away form You. Give me the hunger for You that Joshua had. Fill me with the desire to continually seek You and Your will for my life. Let me find rest in Your presence and hunger after it more than I do now. Surround me with people who can encourage me an lead me closer to You. Use me in the same way in the lives of others. Let my time with You never be enough and my desire to seek You never fade. In Jesus' name.

Keep the SON in your eyes,
Ron

No comments:

Post a Comment