Monday, March 8, 2010

I can't succeed on my own Exodus 17:11-13

Exodus 17:11-13 (New International Version)

11 As long as Moses held up his hands, the Israelites were winning, but whenever he lowered his hands, the Amalekites were winning. 12 When Moses' hands grew tired, they took a stone and put it under him and he sat on it. Aaron and Hur held his hands up—one on one side, one on the other—so that his hands remained steady till sunset. 13 So Joshua overcame the Amalekite army with the sword.

 As the Israelites were in the desert the Amalekites came to attack. Moses sent Joshua to select men and fight the Amalekites. Moses went on top of a hill to observe the battle. As long as Moses held up his hands the Israelites were winning. When he lowered his arms the Amalekites would begin to win. Aaron and Hur brought a rock for Moses to sit on. When Moses was too tired, Aaron and Hur held up his arms. With his arms up, Joshua was victorious in battle.

God called Moses to lead His people. Joshua had the necessary skills so Moses used him to lead the battle. Aaron and Hur were encouragers and advisors. They were right there with Moses in his challenges. When he could not do everything on his own, they gave him the support he needed to guarantee success. Moses was successful, but he never could have done it on his own. He had people around him with the skills and the wisdom to fill in the gaps for Moses to make him the leader he was called to be. I need to be more like Moses. God has called me into certain tasks and given me goals. I know I can't succeed on my own. God has surrounded me with people who have the skills I don't. People who can support me and lift me up when I can't do it alone. I need to let them do that for me. God has put these people in my life for a reason. I need to be open to their help, their encouragement, their support, and their wisdom. I know I can't do it all alone, now I just have to act like it and let others share the load.

Dear Lord,
I know You have laid goals and challenges before mt that I can't accomplish on my own. I know You have brought people into my life to help me succeed. I need Your help to let others shoulder my burdens with me. I struggle asking for help when I need it. I struggle accepting help when it's offered. Give me the ability to let others into my life where I am vulnerable. Help me to appreciate all the people You have brought into my life and the assistance they have to offer. As they help me to do the things I can't do on my own, let me be sure to thank them, but return to thank You as well. In Jesus' name.

Keep the SON in your eyes,
Ron

No comments:

Post a Comment