Monday, February 22, 2010

I want to please God more than people Galatians 1:10

Galatians 1:10 (New International Version)


 10Am I now trying to win the approval of men, or of God? Or am I trying to please men? If I were still trying to please men, I would not be a servant of Christ.

 Paul had lived a life impressing and pleasing people. He was a well known and well respected pharisee. Once Christ revealed Himself to him, Paul was no longer worried about making people happy. He lived only to please God. The way he lived and the things he preached alienated him form all his old friends and way of life. He was hated and hunted. He put his own life at risk numerous times. He did this because it was more important to him to please God than to please men. Paul showed the evidence of a changed life. he was willing to follow God and please Him no matter what the cost. Paul know all the sacrifices he made were worth it. He paid whatever price knowing it was worth the cost to follow Jesus. By living out that example, Paul convinced the people around him this was true and continues to convince people today.

I too was like Paul. I thought I had it all figured out. I was a "good guy". People around me liked me. It wasn't until Christ came into my life and changed my heart that I understood how misguided I was. I do my best now to live my life to please God. It is not an easy path bu tit is fulfilling in ways I never imagined. As Paul said, "If I were still trying to please men, I would not be a servant of Christ". To serve Christ is to put Him first in all I do. It is not just a change or an adjustment I have made, it is a completely different way I live my life. This new paradigm has changed the way I do everything and this change has been good. Living for God requires sacrifice, but that sacrifice has proven to be worth it many times over. The new life I have in Christ has meant many changes but living to please God is much more fulfilling and much more satisfying than living to please myself and the people around me.

Dear Lord,
I thank You and praise You for the new life You have given me. I feel I have something to live for. Living to please You and do Your will has brought peas and fulfillment in my life that I have never known before. I no longer want to live to please myself or others, It is my goal to please You. I know there is sacrifice in that but You have shown me many times the sacrifice is more than worth the cost. Help me to grow in my desire to please You and make a difference for Your kingdom. Let all that I do your You be the evidence to people around me of a changed life in You. In Jesus' name.

Keep the SON in your eyes,
Ron

No comments:

Post a Comment