Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Live for God and let everything work itself out Genesis 41:39-30

Genesis 41:39-40 (New International Version)


 39 Then Pharaoh said to Joseph, "Since God has made all this known to you, there is no one so discerning and wise as you. 40 You shall be in charge of my palace, and all my people are to submit to your orders. Only with respect to the throne will I be greater than you."

 Joseph was wrongly accused and put in prison. While there he interpreted dreams for two men. The interpretations proved accurate. Later Pharaoh heard of Joseph and sent for him to interpret a dream he had. Joseph told Pharaoh there would be seven years of abundance and seven years of famine. He gave Pharaoh a plan for success. Pharaoh recognized this was from God and that God's hand was on Joseph. Pharaoh said he could find no one else like Joseph on whom was the hand of God. He put Joseph in charge of his entire kingdom.

Joseph lived his life to please God. He had opportunities to take shortcuts in life but always took the high road and trusted God. He did not chase pleasure or worldly desires, he only wanted to please God. It showed in his life and people around him saw that. He was recognized for that and rewarded by both Potiphar and Pharaoh. Pharaoh saw something in Joseph he didn't see in anyone else. He saw someone who live for the Lord no matter what. Pharaoh saw wisdom he saw in no one else because he saw God through Joseph. This could not have happened except that Joseph reflected God in all he did. God rewarded that and others enjoyed the blessing from Joseph's obedience to God.

I am faced with opportunities to take shortcuts and chase worldly desires everyday. I could have success on my terms if I choose. I don't want that, I want the success God has planned for me. I know I can trust God to do what is best for me and give me true success, whatever that looks like. I know this is true but I still struggle when faced with decisions. I want to trust Him when it really matters and let the results be left to God. I want others to see God at work in my life and recognize it's all Him in me. I want to be more like Joseph who was not focused on selfish success or worldly results, but focused instead on living to please God. As I do, I pray that God will give me His success and bless the people around me.

Dear Lord,
True success is found in You and You alone. I want the life You have laid out for me. I want the success in life that comes from You. I know I am very goal oriented. Let my goal above all be to live a life that is pleasing to You. I want that to be enough. Let all the success I have be from You and not from me. Let others around me see that success and praise You, recognizing You are the author of it. Give the people around me a hunger for You because they see the evidence of a changed life in me. In Jesus' name.

Keep the SON in your eyes,
Ron

No comments:

Post a Comment