Friday, February 26, 2010

When God want to use me I have to obey Exodus 3:10-12

Exodus 3:10-12 (New International Version)



10 So now, go. I am sending you to Pharaoh to bring my people the Israelites out of Egypt." 11 But Moses said to God, "Who am I, that I should go to Pharaoh and bring the Israelites out of Egypt?" 12 And God said, "I will be with you. And this will be the sign to you that it is I who have sent you: When you have brought the people out of Egypt, you [a] will worship God on this mountain."

Moses had a heart for his people and showed that by his reaction when he saw them mistreated. God recognized Moses' heart and chose to use him to deliver the Israelites from the oppression from which they were suffering. Moses cared about his people but didn't see himself as a leader. When God approached him all Moses could think about was "who am I?" because he did not see himself in that role. He rejected the idea of speaking out for God because he felt he lacked the skills necessary. When Moses let God down, God had to use Aaron to complete His plan. Moses was willing but hwe lacked faith in himself and in God.
 
God called Moses to be His hands and feet here on earth. Moses had not prepared himself for that task and was concerned he did not have the skills to succeed. It was true, Moses didn't have the skills, but God was able to give him whatever he needed to guarantee success. God has used me to do many things for Him I could never do on my own. I have learned through experience that when God calls me to a task He will give me the skills I need to succeed for Him. Moses said no to God and He had to bring in Aaron to finish the job. I have said no to God only to see Him bring someone else along to do the job I thought was not possible. I have learned to trust God and obey Him when He calls. The more impossible the task, the bigger the opportunity for God to reveal Himself in the situation. I am nobody. I don't possess special skills or superpowers, but when God is working through me there is nothing I can't do. I need to remember this more and trust God enough to say "yes" whenever He calls.
 
Dear Lord,
I know You have a plan for Your people and I now I am a part of that plan. I have experienced Your work through me and have recognized when You have done things through me I could have never done on my own. Forgive me for doubting You as I have and rejecting opportunities to be Your hands and feet. I learn from my failures but You know what a slow learner I am. Give me a heart to say "yes" every time You call. Give me a boldness to reach out for You without fear of failure or concern for the results. I know You will succeed but I need to be reminded. I am weak in that area and need Your strength. Grow me from who I am into who I need to be. Use me to make a difference for Your kingdom. In Jesus' name.
 
Keep the SON in your eyes,
Ron

No comments:

Post a Comment