Sunday, January 10, 2010

Will you seize the opportunity?

Ezekiel 3:18-21
    When I say to a wicked man, 'You will surely die,' and you do not warn him or speak out to dissuade him from his evil ways in order to save his life, that wicked man will die for his sin, and I will hold you accountable for his blood. [19] But if you do warn the wicked man and he does not turn from his wickedness or from his evil ways, he will die for his sin; but you will have saved yourself.
    [20] "Again, when a righteous man turns from his righteousness and does evil, and I put a stumbling block before him, he will die. Since you did not warn him, he will die for his sin. The righteous things he did will not be remembered, and I will hold you accountable for his blood. [21] But if you do warn the righteous man not to sin and he does not sin, he will surely live because he took warning, and you will have saved yourself."


God set an opportunity before Ezekiel to share God's word and will for the people. He made it very clear what Ezekiel was to say and do. He then gave Ezekiel this admonition, if you do what I say and the person chooses to sin, it is on them. If you have an opportunity to share Me with those around you and you don't I will hold you accountable.    

God has given me His word to guide my life and help me to be more like Him. It was through His word and the people He put in my life that led me into a relationship with Him. He has faithfully continued to use His word and His people to help me grow stronger and deeper as a christian. The more I grow in Christ, the more I am expected to share His love with others. Christ gave us our marching orders just before He left this earth (Matthew 28:19-20). All too often the Holy Spirit prompts me to speak up, to reach out, to approach someone He has put in my path, and all too often I say, "no". I am so thankful that the people God has put in my life were willing to say, "yes" more often than me. Without that, where would I be? Every time I don't speak up when I should, where does that leave the person in front of me? I do know that every time I back away when I should step up, I am accountable for that, as I should be. If I am willing to speak out for my sports teams, my favorite movies, and the things that seem so important, I should be more than willing to speak up for the Creator of the Universe who has given me eternal life.

Dear God, I thank You for loving me enough and being persistent enough to bring me into Your family. I thank You for every person You put in my path that continued me on that journey. I ask You to forgive me for all the times You have given me opportunities to speak up for You only to have me let You down. Give me the desire to speak up for You with a boldness that would never come from me alone. Give me the words to say and the wisdom to do the right thing at the right time. Use the people and circumstances around me to keep me accountable.  Help me to be Your ambassador here on earth. I lift this up to You in Jesus' name. Amen.

Keep the SON in your eyes,
Ron

   


 

No comments:

Post a Comment