Monday, January 25, 2010

I'm not obedient until I do it. Matthew 21:28-31

Matthew 21:28-31 (New International Version)

The Parable of the Two Sons
 28"What do you think? There was a man who had two sons. He went to the first and said, 'Son, go and work today in the vineyard.'  29" 'I will not,' he answered, but later he changed his mind and went.
 30"Then the father went to the other son and said the same thing. He answered, 'I will, sir,' but he did not go.
 31"Which of the two did what his father wanted?"
      "The first," they answered.


 Jesus speaks of a son given a command from his father. He say he won't do it but later does. The other son says he'll do it but never acts. The chief priests agreed the first son was the obedient one. Jesus showed them it's not what you say that matter, but what you do that really counts. The chief priests knew God's word and could recite it but there was no evidence it had made any impact in their lives. The people who were shunned by society heard God's ward  and it changed their lives. It was seen in their actions. Jesus told the chief priests the outcasts understood better and would be welcomed in heaven.

James 1:22 say I need to be a doer of the word and not just a hearer. I need to put God's word into action in my life to truly be a follower of Jesus Christ. If I can hear God's word and study it, it should move me to action. the cations others see is the Holy Spirit working through me. That is the evidence of a changed life and my guarantee that I am going to heaven (2 Cor. 1:22). If I belong to God it will be known by my fruit. That fruit is the cation that comes from a changed life.

Dear Lord,
I thank you for choosing me and changing my life. I pray that Your word would stir me to action every day. I pray that others would see the evidence of a changed life and praise You for it. I pray they would recognize that it is You working in me to bring about change and help me to live for You. Let Your word fill me up to overflowing. Let that overflow bless those around me and prompt them to seek You out. Let my life be a positive example of life in Christ and use me to make a difference for you. In Jesus' name.

Keep the SON in your eyes,
Ron

No comments:

Post a Comment