Sunday, January 10, 2010

It's not fair, or is it?

Ezekiel 18:25-27
    "Yet you say, 'The way of the Lord is not just.' Hear, O house of Israel: Is my way unjust? Is it not your ways that are unjust? [26] If a righteous man turns from his righteousness and commits sin, he will die for it; because of the sin he has committed he will die. [27] But if a wicked man turns away from the wickedness he has committed and does what is just and right, he will save his life.


 In this passage, the Israelites are complaining that God is not fair. They feel that they don't deserve the way they are being treated.

Is God just?  Is it fair when He allows the hurts and disappointments to come my way? When I judge God and His actions, I usually judge Him by my standards. But, is it really fair to judge perfection from an imperfect place? I may not like what He does sometimes but that does not mean He is not fair. I sin every day and I am responsible for my sin. I need to be willing to accept responsibility for my sin. God loves me unconditionally and wants the best for me, but that doesn't mean I get a free pass for my sin. God is just and I know what I deserve. I am thankful everyday that I don't get what I deserve.




Dear Lord,
I know you are a loving God who cares for Your people. I also know you are just and fair. I know that when You look down from Your place of perfection and see this imperfect world and my sin in it, You are grieved. Even knowing that, I still judge You and Your decisions. Please forgive me for my selfish thinking and my sinful attitude toward You. Use the situations in my life and Your fair and perfect judgment to make me more like you, in Jesus' name. Amen.


Keep the SON in your eyes,
Ron

No comments:

Post a Comment