Monday, January 18, 2010

Let your light shine in a positive way Matthew 5:14-16

Matthew 5:14-16
    "You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. [15] Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. [16] In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven.



Jesus says we are a light to the world. A light is meant to shine. It should not be hidden or subdued  but be put on a stand for everyone to see. Jesus calls us to let our light shine and let others see our good deeds. When they do, our deeds should prompt them to God the credit, recognizing they came from Him.

God has given me a new life and opportunities to share that new life with the people around me. He say I am a light to the world. My light will shine no matter what. The question is, what light will the people around me see? Every time I open my mouth, every time I act on a thought or desire, I am on display for all to see. Each time I am an example of how different my life is with Jesus Christ. I can be a positive example or a negative example, but whatever I do, and whatever I say is a reflection on Jesus Christ. I am an ambassador for Him here on earth and must remember that the example I set directly reflects on Christ and the difference He can make.

Dear Lord,
Thank you for the life You have given me and the changes you have made in my life. I am and example of the miracle of a changed life. I pray that my testimony and the life I live will always be pleasing to You. I pray that my testimony will be such that it can be used by You to lead others to the a life changing relationship with You. I know I will fall short and pray for Your forgiveness when that happens. Help me to be open and available to be used by Yo. Let me be that light on a hill shining for You. In Jesus' name, amen.

Keep the SON in your eyes,
Ron

No comments:

Post a Comment