Monday, January 25, 2010

Never pass up an opportunity from God Matthew 19:21-22

Matthew 19:21-22 (New International Version)


 21Jesus answered, "If you want to be perfect, go, sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me."
 22When the young man heard this, he went away sad, because he had great wealth.

 The rich young ruler was a good guy who had done good things. He thought he had it all figured out. Jesus showed him just how far off he was when He exposed the man's true problem, "sell all you have". It's not about what I've done or how hard I've worked, it's about what I am willing to do. The rich ruler was not willing to make the sacrifice Jesus called him make and he went away empty. He missed our on the opportunity of a lifetime, walking in the presence of God here on earth and for eternity.

God has called me to many challenges both big and small. Some challenges I have accepted and other I have walked away form. Every challenge God lays before me is an opportunity in disguise. I look back on those opportunities I passed up and wonder what I missed out on. Every time I say no to God I miss out on a blessing. There are others who God wants to bless through me as well. When I say no to God, it affects them as well. There are  people who have missed out on unknown blessings because I was too scared, too tired, too selfish, too lazy, or too busy to say, "Yes". It is my goal to always say, "Yes" from now on, not just for me, but for the people God may bless through me.

Dear Lord,
You are the Giver of life. You are the giver of gifts beyond my comprehension. Everyday You lay opportunities to serve You and be obedient to your call. Too many times I've said, "No". I ask Your forgiveness and pray that You would fill me with the desire and ability to say, "Yes" to Your every call. I know You have tried to use me in the lives of others and I have let You down. I pray for those people and ask that You bring others in their lives who were willing to say yes when I didn't. Don't let them miss out on your blessing because of me. I lift them up to you in Jesus' name.

Keep the SON in your eyes,
Ron

No comments:

Post a Comment