Thursday, January 14, 2010

Ezekiel 43:8-9

8 When they placed their threshold next to my threshold and their doorposts beside my doorposts, with only a wall between me and them, they defiled my holy name by their detestable practices. So I destroyed them in my anger. 9 Now let them put away from me their prostitution and the lifeless idols of their kings, and I will live among them forever.

The Israelites had the pleasure of living with God. They drew close to Him and enjoyed His company, then defiled His temple and their relationship with Him in the process. God longed to restore that relationship but could not accept them the way they were. He offered them a relationship with Him but on the contition they change their ways and live a life to please Him.

God loves me and wants a relationship with me. He enjoys our time together, but will not tolerate being in the presence of sin. He accepted me with all me faults but expects me to grow more like Him as I grow closer to Him .It is hard to have a close relationship with God if we have nothing in common. The more my life is in line with His will for me, the closer I am to Him. To be more like God, I have to act more like Him. My relationships with the people around me need to glorify and Honor God. The closer the relationship the more like-minded we need to be. It is not possible for me to stay close to God and embrace the world at the same time because I "cannot serve two masters". I have chosen to please God first. My goal is to let my relationships and my life honor the God I serve so that He is comfortable having me around. To do that I have to learn to hate sin as much as He does. It's not easy, but I am willing.

Dear Lord,
I thank You and praise You for the relationship I have in You. I pray that i live a life pleasing to You. Stir my heart that I would have an unquenchable desire to draw close to you. I want that Jesus Christ would be my best friend and involved in every area of my life. i know that I cannot always say that now and ask for You forgiveness and pray that you would mold me into the person with whom You enjoy fellowship.Guide me to honor You in my relationships with the people around me and the way I live my life. Change my heart so that I will hate all of my sin as much as You do. I lift this up to you in Jesus' name.

Keep the SON in your eyes,
Ron

No comments:

Post a Comment