Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Life is tough, but it's tougher without Christ

Matthew 11:28-30 (New International Version)


 28"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. 29Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."

The world is full of hurts and burdens and disappointments. Jesus offers an alternative to that. If we are tired of fighting the things of the world and are worn out, He promises us rest in Him. He assures us the following Him is less burdensome that following the world.


Jesus Christ proved that to me in my life and continues to do so everyday. I was trying to go through life handling everything on my own and was failing miserably. I accepted Christ into my life and now live to please Him instead of me. I have learned that living my life to please God is much easier and less burdensome than living life on my own. His plan is perfect. His rules are simple and clear cut. When I follow God's ways there is no doubt of worry. H has never let me down. My decisions are easy when I make them based on God's word and His will for my life.

The only problem I have is that after all these years I still struggle to make the right decisions for the right reasons. I still take my eyes off God and try to do things on my own. When I see the outcome it is a reminder of who difficult life is without Christ and how blessed I am to be included as a child of God and able to rely on Him. My life in Christ is not easy by any means, but it always beats life without Him and He shows me that in different ways every day.

Dear Lord,
Thank You for loving me and giving me a relationship with You. Thank You for guiding my life and giving me rest in You. I know You never promised life would be easy but even in the turmoil I can always find peace in You. You are my refuge and a place of safety when I'm at risk. You give me peace when I am troubled. You give me rest when I am weary. I see You at work in my life every day in tangible ways and I thank You and praise You for that. I pray that You use me in the lives of others to share this good news and precious gift. I lift this up to You in Jesus' name, amen.

Keep the SON in your eyes,
Ron

No comments:

Post a Comment