Friday, January 22, 2010

What is my "pearl of great price"? Matthew 13:45-46

Matthew 13:45-46
    "Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant looking for fine pearls. [46] When he found one of great value, he went away and sold everything he had and bought it.



Jesus speaks of a pearl merchant looking for fine pearls. He found one so special that he sold everything he had just to buy this one pearl. I have to believe that as a pearl merchant he had seen many fine pearls in his day, but there was something so special about that one that he was willing to give up all he had just to possess it.

There are many things in my life that I enjoy. There are many things that are very valuable to me. Of all the things, there is one that is most important of all. It is my "pearl of great price". My "pearl" is my relationship with Jesus Christ. It trumps everything else and is worth whatever the cost may be. God has proven time and again just how valuable this is in my life. At this point in my life I am willing to give whatever it takes to have this relationship and stay in His will. I could not always say that. I see others around me who have things of great importance in their lives but Christ is not anywhere near the top. It saddens me to think of all the jot and blessings they miss out on by ignoring what God has to offer, but i continue to pray that one day they will share the same rleationship I have in Christ and discover the true pearl of great price.

Dear Lord,
You truly are my pearl of great price. My relationship with you is the most important thing in my life. I praise You and that You for the relationship I have in You. I pray the distractions and junk in my life will never get in the way of our relationship.I ask that You do whatever it takes in my life to keep You first in all I do. Lord, I lift up those who don't know You as I do and pray that You will become real in their lives. I pray that they would discover and accept You as their "pearl of great price" and live their live to please You. In Jesus' name amen.

Keep the SON in your eyes,
Ron

No comments:

Post a Comment