Tuesday, January 12, 2010

God never gives up on me

Ezekiel 39:27-29

27 When I have brought them back from the nations and have gathered them from the countries of their enemies, I will show myself holy through them in the sight of many nations. 28 Then they will know that I am the LORD their God, for though I sent them into exile among the nations, I will gather them to their own land, not leaving any behind. 29 I will no longer hide my face from them, for I will pour out my Spirit on the house of Israel, declares the Sovereign LORD."

god spends much of the book of Ezekiel describing all of the was His people have let Him down including all the detestable things, all the idols they have worshiped, and all the wrongs they have committed against other people.  God warns them over and over of the punishment they will endure for their sin. They deserve all that is promised and more. Here toward the end of the book, God promises to restore His people and give them success against. their enemies. He never gives up on his people and loves them enough to see them through the hard times and back under His loving protection.

This reminds me that the God I serve is a God of love. While He does discipline me, He does so with a goal of making me more like Him. God loves me more than I can understand. he wants the best for me and cares about my every problem, every worry, and every trial i go though. I need to hear that and need to remember that when times are tough. It's during those times that I feel alone but it's during those times that God is closer than ever because he loves me.

Dear Lord,
Help me to see you at work during the tough times. Help me to see you as a God of love and recognize all you do in my life. Give me eyes to see what you are doing. Give me the words to say and the desire to open my mouth to tell other of your love and the awesome way you provide for me in your perfect love.I thank you for loving me and guiding me through life in Jesus' name.

Keep the SON in your eyes,
Ron

No comments:

Post a Comment